2. Module: Financial and business planning of solidarity-based food systems
The second training module of the educational programme is dedicated to the financial and business planning of SFSs.
The following topics will be included:
- Planning with a yearly budget with the use of O2 (ICT tool).
- Introduction to main budget items: main costs, prioritisation, reserves, additional costs.
- Importance of cash-flow and how to plan with it.
- Fundraising: how to raise money for investments? (Subsidies, crowdfunding, etc.)
- Short-term and long-term financial planning: importance of 1 year and 3-5 years planning.
- Ensuring HR costs, planning with employees.
- Best practices from European-level.
Through participating on Module2, adult learners will require the following skills:
- Basic skills of financial planning.
- Improving digital skills with using O2.
- Ability for visioning and long-term planning.
- Use of risk analyses: identifying financial risks and solutions.
- Problem management.
- Basic skills for social entrepreneurship
Modules of O3 will be based on intensive participation of individuals, as well as on interactive group work. Group based planning and problem-solving schemes will be also applied.
Experts will carry out presentations.
The modules is planned for those who are planning to start a SFS (farmers and consumer coordinators) or already started it, but experienced difficulties in management or financial and business planning.
Test training events of Module 1 and 2 will be 1 day long and run in 3 partner countries (Hu, Cz, Ger) with 12-14 participants (all together 40). Partners will collect and analyse feedback from participants in order to improve the training method to best fit to the target groups’ actual knowledge and their needs. Training events are explained detailed later at E1-6.
The modules will be supported by presentations which will be translated into 5 languages (En, Hu, Cz, Ger, Fr).
The final document of O2 is a curriculum which will be translated into 5 languages (En, Hu, Cz, Ger, Fr). The curriculum summarises the aim of the modules, main knowledge, content, applied methodologies and agenda, requirements and include annexes. This will be disseminated on local and European level.
TVE will be responsible for this output, with the side-coordination of Solawi. All the other partner organisations will be also involved in the planning, elaboration, evaluation and finalisation of O3. From the staff members a working group will be formed which will communicate through online calls and e-mails. Dedicated members (based on residence) will be responsible for the communication with the mentioned experts and organisations (see partG).
Before the project period, partners carried out a needs analyses on European and national levels (Hu, Cz, Ger). The background information and main findings will be the base of O3.